Hi everyone. Another very occasional post by me. Above and below are photos from a walk taken in Wallingford during a recent swing through Seattle. Just like here, signs of Spring are everywhere, though we then worry about those tender buds getting hit again with frigid temperatures and biting rain. The roller coaster weather continues.
Spring finds me still here and deeply immersed in building my business up. I’m enrolled in a 12-week business coaching program that has been so great for me. I realize how passive I’ve been in my business, really letting it take its own course over the years and never actively directing it to be what I wanted it to be. I feel incredibly empowered now that I’m figuring stuff out that can help me to create exactly the company I want to have. Stay tuned.
Here’s some stuff I’ve been up to:
- business thinking and writing
- networking and talking with local business people, designers, marketers, and anyone else I can bribe with a cup of coffee
- reading (mostly) business books (see recommendations on my FB Business page)
- visits from my dear Seattle friends (thank you!) and Island vacations with others!
- trying more interesting restaurants*
- activities: Guiding Lights 2012; TedX Portland (theme: Becoming Extraordinary, so, did that); Oregon Single-Payer Healthcare fundraiser; Portland Farmers Market; Tulip fields!!
- bike riding and walks
- learning to cook Indian food! (thanks Madhur Jaffrey – so good!)
- visiting and hanging with my girl, Lilly
- knitting a baby gift that – God willing – will be completed before said baby is in college
- uh, a little TV viewing** (you can’t NOT while living where I’m living :-))
*More restaurants worth trying:
- Petite Provence: reliably yummy French breakfasts & lunches — 2 stores!
- Dick’s Kitchen: healthy diner food. In addition to burgers, chili and the like, they serve cultured veggies, kale salads and sweet potato “not” fries that are delish!
- Elephant’s Deli: Giant deli with great sandwiches, entrees, and baked goods. Free parking 1 block off NW 23rd!
- Cabezon: Great little neighborhood spot with one of the best deals in town – $13 for a giant bowl of moules frite: mussels in a delicious broth with chorizo topped with fries. Mmmm. Perfect late night with a drinky!
**Great TV worth watching:
- Girls (HBO – Lena Dunham!!)
- Madmen (must-see TV for designer types)
- The Killing (dark, very dark)
- Portlandia reruns
- Game of Thrones
- The Pitch (AMC – more crack for designers/ad folks)
Happy Spring to All!! xoxo